Tuesday 14 August 2007

The Beginnings of a EuroTrip


See also the article on Erasmus Mundus:
The Experience of Experiences.

So, a few months ago I resigned from my job at the Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business to gain more time to research and source universities to do my post-graduate studies and, thus, further my education. I applied profusely for one month to as many scholarship sites and advertisements as I could.

It is a long and difficult process, I would advise anyone, there are lots of forms with mundane information, application fees that you have to pay, and you WILL get rejected multiple times; but in the end it's all worth the time and effort.

I was selected and offered an Erasmus Mundus scholarship of €42,000 [Euros] to study in France, Finland, and The Netherlands for 2 years to do an International Masters in Management and Information Technology [IMMIT], a semester in each country.

So this is where my EuroTrip starts - my lifelong dream of trekking through Europe has finally come through.

[Oh, just to re-enforce: just before I left the country I got another offer for a full scholarship to study Library and information sciences at any university I am accepted to; so any thing is possible, just keep on trekking - trying - applying]

First Stop: MRS [Aix en Provence/Marseille, France]

No comments: