Friday 1 August 2008

Where am I?

Well, I haven't posted on the blog for a while now, and that's because I have not been traveling much. I did visit my home country [Trinidad] for a short period, but people in Trinidad really don't take pictures that much, or blog about it, or at least I don't. Plus this blog is about Europe, not the Caribbean.

But, here are two shots anyway, of the river that I live so close to in Lopinot, Trinidad [5-10 minutes walk away], yes i live in the jungle! The one above is me on the trek up from the river as the sun sets [looks pretty inspiring doesn't it!]. To the right below is what is known as a "bamboo cathedral", since the bamboo trunks form the cryptic arches of a cathedral.

While there in Trinidad, i tried my best to discover more of my culture that i was never in touch with. Learning to cook, discovering new musical arenas, such as Mungal Patasar, who blends in melodies of the Sitar, Tabla, Steel pan and many other instruments to form a masterpiece of culture. You can hear his music and read more about him on the Mungal Patasar myspace site.

So I shall continue this European trip with my next post about my most recent trip: London!

No comments: